Terms and Conditions
1. Unless otherwise stated, copyright in this site and in the stories in The Long + Short belongs to Nesta. The stories can be copied and redistributed for any purpose under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). However, most of the images are copyright of the photographer or illustrator who made them and are not available under Creative Commons. You cannot use these images without the permission of the creator. See Using our Content for more details.
2. We make no representation or warranty about the content on this site or The Long + Short, including in relation to non-infringement of intellectual property rights. We don’t guarantee that the content will always be accurate, complete or up-to-date. It is intended for general information and not as advice to be relied upon. The views and opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Nesta.
3. You must not use this site:
— to post, share or transmit material which is unlawful or infringes anyone else’s rights
— in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which harasses or distresses anyone or restricts or inhibits their use and enjoyment of the site or otherwise damages our reputation
— to transmit software viruses or code designed to interrupt, destroy or compromise the integrity of computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment
4. You are responsible for any comments, text, video, audio, images or other content which you post on the site and must obtain any relevant permissions or consents to post this content. You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully transferable right to copy, download, distribute, transmit and adapt your content and waive your moral rights in it.
5. We are not responsible for content posted on the site by users and third parties. You can report any inappropriate content to us at [email protected] Although we don’t monitor all content posted on the site, we reserve the right to do so and to edit or remove content at our absolute discretion and without notice.
6. The information on this site is subject to change from time to time and may not always be available, via any particular platform or format, or at all. We are not responsible for the content of external sites which you link to from this site.
7. We don’t guarantee that the site will be free from errors or viruses. You are responsible for installing virus-checking software to protect your hardware. As far as legally possible, we exclude all liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of using or accessing this site, whether direct or indirect, and however arising, including any loss of data or damage caused by downloading content from our site.
8. These Terms may be varied from time to time. If you use the site after any change has been made, you will be deemed to have accepted the change.
9. These Terms are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have jurisdiction over any dispute arising from them.
Nesta, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with company number 7706036 and charity number 1144091. Registered as a charity in Scotland number SC042833.
Registered office: 58 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DS.